Guest Mix: Sunday Scene - Steph J

When I kicked off this site I had a couple of vague rules: firstly to try and keep the chat to a minimum and let the music do the talking, and secondly only to post my own mixes and productions. However, I'd like to break this second rule and share with you a guest mix from Steph J who has put together a top class selection of 95-98 UK garage, which is sounding particularly sweet in the summer sun. Trust me the selection here is as good as it gets - tune after tune after tune!

Personally, in those years i had my head deep in the drum n bass and dub, though as a pirate radio lover in london you couldn't help catching some bumpy garage vibes. London Underground, Freek and Ice FM were all pushing it hard, and it goes down as another great era in London music. Steph J is a pirate radio-junkie too, and she's got some more pirate style mixes lined up, so watch this space for those. In the meantime check out the sound of some proper undergound UK garage before it all went mainstream and was reduced to tedious remixes of big R'n'B tunes. Special dedi to all the east london crew!



Sunday Scene - Steph J

Grant Nelson - In My Soul (Nice'n'Ripe)
Ordinary People - Keep Your Love (Social Circles)
Tuff & Jam - Feel My Love (Unda-Vybe)
R.I.P. Productions - Deep Inspiration (Ice Cream Records)
Underground Solution - Release The Pressure (Sound of Underground London)
London Connection - I Wanna Get High (Industry Standard)
MJ Cole & Daryl B - Too Late (E1 Recordings)
Groove Chronicles - Epic (Dat Pressure Records)
Smokin Beats - Dreams (Smokin Beats)
Nu-Birth - Anytime (Locked On)
Dem 2 - Sleepless (New York Soundclash Records)
Big Bird - Flava (City Dub Traxx)
Scott Garcia - Wicked Mind (dubplate)
Baffled - Going On (Urban Beat)
Colours - Hold On SE22 Mix (Inspiration Records)

down it from here

No comments: